1TimStreet Sponsor - A Product That I Use

Sunday, June 29, 2008

What's Your Favorite Mystery Box?



Thanks to Liz Shannon Miller's post on NewTeeVee.com I discovered this clip from Ted Talks with Writer, director and producer J.J. Abrams the guy known for making addictive dramas like TV's Lost and Alias and the film Cloverfield.

J.J. Abrams traces his love for the unseen mystery and his passion that’s evident in his films and TV shows, including Cloverfield, Lost and Alias back to the Super 8 camera his Grandfather gave him and the trips that they used to take to a Mid-Town Magic Store.

I had the pleasure of working once with J.J.. At the time I didn't realize the depth of his creativity as I was interviewing him and his cast about a show he was doing for The WB called Felicity that was about a young woman in a big city and it really wasn't my cup of tea the way Cloverfield was.

Anyway, I hope you find this video as inspirational as I did. It reminds me of the Super 8 I got from my Grandfather and the trips I would take to the magic store.

No comments: