1TimStreet Sponsor - A Product That I Use

Friday, August 17, 2007

Hey, there’s a new video search site called Truvio !

So AOL did a little relaunch of Truvio its “YouTube Killer” and it’s supposed to feature “professionally produced” content instead of the UGC flavor you find on YouTube and everywhere else. So?

Well I’m not sure yet. There’s no advertising there yet. It looks like it targets an older demo than YouTube and it’s great if you are searching for content about content.

I did a search for my favorite video podcast Tiki Bar TV and instead of finding new episodes I found episodes about Tiki Bar TV. I found Roof Top Drinks with Tiki Bar TV , Tiki Bar TV Tron Demo and even Galacticast-does-Tiki-Bar but I had to scroll down to find the oldest and one of the most beloved and popular video podcasts out there.

The other thing I noticed was that Truveo was “finding a lot of content from Blip.tv . So that’s great news for Blip and anyone making money from Blip TV. But I have yet to talk to any online video content producers making money from Blip TV. I’m sure they must be out there but I have yet to hear someone say, “She got a $1,000 check from Blip.” I’m personally testing Blip TV to see if I can make any money from online video advertising on Blip TV so I’ll let you know how that goes.

This whole "making money with video podcasting" thing would be a lot easier if the market place was built online and there was a search site called “adveo” where I could find advertisers that were looking for popular, funny, sex, online video content that is targeted at young 18-34 year old males and has an integrated advertising message that doesn’t get skipped – you know something like French Maid TV . Or if we just got paid per view everytime someone watched one of our videos on an iPod, iPhone, iTunes or on YouTube. ;)

No comments: