1TimStreet Sponsor - A Product That I Use

Friday, August 31, 2007

Sony Walkmaning Away from Music Store

According to Techwhack Sony is “closing down their Connect digital music store.” And won’t be competing with the iTunes Store.

Wow do I feel out of touch, I didn’t even know Sony had a music store. Maybe that was its problem. I did have a really nice Sony Walkman when I was a kid. I might still have it in a box somewhere. They are coming out with a new line of Walkmans that will have FM tuners and Windows Media Audio (WMA), AAC and MP3 music formats, show JPEG photos and playback MPEG-4 video files. Now the top-of-the-line Walkman video players (NWZ-A810 series) have a 2-inch QVGA LCD screen but do they play video podcasts?

Please let me know if you get one. Maybe you might win one at a conference???? I saw a guy win a Zune at a conference once. In fact that’s the only time I’ve ever seen a Zune. They could become collectors items soon where only the really cool kids have a Zune because everyone else has an iPod or iPhone.

No comments: