1TimStreet Sponsor - A Product That I Use

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sprintcuts: What do they do?



Sprint the Cell Phone / Mobile Phone company has a viral video that topped the charts yesterday with this Sprintcuts: Turbo Parking episode.

It’s all part of their waitless campaign http://waitless.org/ and I’m not really sure if it’s working for me.

I love the spots. They are funny even though some of them are “borrowed.”

Like this 2 Minute Soda Chill.

Watch both videos. The one from Metacafe was posted before the Sprint campaign started running.




Chill A Coke In 2 Minutes! - Awesome video clips here

This one was posted 5 months ago on Metacafe and looks very similar. BTW its made over $3000 (more about that later)


But other than that, these “Sprintcuts” do nothing to make me want to buy any Sprint products or feel good about the Sprint brand. What is the Sprint brand anyway? It used to stand for a clear phone call that was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Now there is so much clutter in the marketing message I can't hear whaat they are trying to advertise about their brand.

Maybe I’m not their target audience, maybe tons of people will buy Sprint mobile phones, EVDO cards and monthly mobile service and I'm wrong but I don’t think so. I think this campaign is “too hip" for the internet and a big waist of money for Sprint. But I bet it wins a lot of awards for the advertising creatives who made it cause it's fun to watch.

No comments: