If someone emails or calls you and tells you they love your videos and want them on their site what questions should you ask them?
Here are Tim Street's 7 questions you should ask an online video portal:
1. Do you have a way I can make money if I give you my videos?
2. Do you have advertisers on your site?
3. Do you have a rev share deal?
4. Do you have a licensing deal?
5. How much do you pay and how often do you pay?
6. Do you have a control panel where I can login and see my revenue?
7. Do you have other producers that have already paid money that I could speak with?
If they have trouble answering these 7 questions be very careful about placing your videos on their site.