1TimStreet Sponsor - A Product That I Use

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ze Frank



Women adore him and men want to be him. His original cool hip cerebral comedy style and quick edits are mimicked across the Internet - so much so that when people only familiar with YouTube see him now after his six month sabbatical they will think he is copying someone else.

He's the hero of many a video blogger and we've not seen him since last Spring's SXSW. For those of you who don't know, he did a short show for one year, "the show with zefrank" which was produced Monday through Friday for one year (March 17, 2006 - March 17, 2007). Then he signed with a big Hollywood Agent and took a break. I've not seen his mug online until yesterday when I came across Chris Albrecht's post on NewTeeVee.

Beyond being loved by journalist, vloggers, podcasters and his regular fans the man known as Ze Frank has experimented with online video monetization by selling t-shirts, ringtones, songs and even digital ducks.

What's next for Ze Frank?

I don't know but I'd bet it's better than regular TV.

2 comments:

C.C. Chapman said...

SO good to see Ze Frank again. I've missed him since he signed off!

Anonymous said...

"Women adore him men want to be him." seriously? I thought that's what people say about you : ) I do quite enjoy his social networking song - very catchy